This isn’t so much a recipe, more like a method of how I do syn free roasties that are soft and fluffy on the inside and SUPER crispy on the outside without having to use a lot of oil or grease.
1) Peel your potatoes (I do 1.5 potatoes per person, works out as 5-6 roasties each)
2) Cut the potatoes into 3 (for medium sized, 2 for smaller and 4 for larger, cutting them into 3 gives a bigger
surface area for more crispiness)
3) Boil in salted water until soft
4) While the potatoes are boiling, cover a baking tray with tin foil and put into a hot oven.
5) Drain off, leave for a couple of minutes to for any excess water to evaporate, then shake in the pain with the lid on to rough up the edges.
6) Take the tray out of the oven and spray with fry lite, transfer the potatoes onto the tray and spray again.
7) Cook for 15 minutes before turning each potato and re-spraying with fry-lite and cook for another 15 minutes.
There you have it, that’s my method for perfectly crispy roasties each time without having to use a tonne of syns on oil!
Let me know if you give them a go and don’t forget to tag me in any instagram pics (@swkerry23)