This was a last minute, what do I fancy, kind of tea that I threw together while Andy was plating up his syn filled take away. It was so good, I managed to COMPLETELY RESIST even a nibble of his!
Ingredients (to serve 1)
- 1 steak, fat trimmed off and diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- Baby tomatoes, plum or cherry
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning,
- ½ carton of pasata
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon diced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons quark
- 1 handful of dried spaghetti
1. Add the dried spaghetti into a pan of boiling water
2. Fry off the onion in fry light and the garlic, until softened
3. Add the tomatoes and diced steak and allow this to brown for a couple of minutes
4. Pour in the pasata, tomato puree, Worcestershire sauce and italian herbs. Add enough salt and pepper to suit your tastebuds!
5. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the steak and sauce pan, stirring through, allowing it to soak up some of the sauce.
6. Once it reaches a consistency your happy with, take the pan off the heat and stir through the quark
This really was so good, and although its not SP friendly, it is syn free.
I will definitely be having this again, especially as it was ready in about 20 minutes (including prep time!)
Let me know if you give this one a go! Hope you enjoy!